To benefit from the consumer demand for antimicrobial/antibacterial products and for the antibacterial and antifungal performance needs of the textile world, manufacturers have a choice. In choosing, they should utilize a treatment that provides for an odor reduction/antibacterial claim and an antimicrobial finish for their textile products consistent with their claims and the needs of their target consumers.
The authors wish to express their sincere thanks to Prof. Dr. P.V. Kadole, Principal and Prof. Dr. A.I. Wasif of Textile & Engineering Institute, India for their inspiration and moral support for carrying out this research work.
- O.L. Shanmugsundaram, Antimicrobial Finish in Textiles, The Indian Textile Journal, August 2007.
- Innovative Developments in Antimicrobial Textiles, The Indian Textile Journal, May 2011.
- Antimicrobial Products in Textile Industry, Fiber 2 Fashion.com.
- Ali Elshafei and H.T E-Zanfaly, Applications of the Antimicrobials in the Development of Textiles, Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, 4(6), 585-595, 2011.
- Dr. T. Ramchandran et al, Antimicrobial Textiles- an Overview, IE (I) Journal-TX, May 2004.
- D.Gopalkrishnan and R.K Ashwini, antimicrobial Finishes, Fiber 2 Fashion.com.
- Yuan Gao and Robin Cranston., Recent Advances in Antimicrobial Treatments of Textiles, Textile Research Journal, vol 78, pp 60-72, (2008).
- Kirmiran Erdem, A., and Sanli Yurudu, N. O., The Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity of Fabrics Impregnated with Dimethyltetradecyl(3-(trimethoxysily) propyl) Ammonium Chloride, IUFS J Biol, vol 67, No.2, pp 115-122, (2008).
- Parikh, D. V., Fink. T., Rajashekharan. K., Sachinvala. N. D., Sawhney. A. P. S., Calamari. T. A., and Ashis. D. Parikh., Antimicrobial Silver/Sodium Carboxymethyl Cotton Dressings for Burn Wounds, Textile Research Journal, vol 75, pp 143-138, (2005).
- Kathirvelu, S., Souza, L. D., and Dhurai, B., Study of Antimicrobial Finishing of Textiles using Zno Nanoparticles, IE(I) Journal-TX, vol 90, pp 16-21, (August 2009).
- Mirjana Kostic., Nina Radic., Bratislav. M. Obradovic., Sujana Demitrijevic., Milorad. M. Kuraika., and Peter Skundric., Antimicrobial textile prepared by silver deposition on Dielectric Barrier Discharge treated cotton/polyester fabric, Chemical Industry and Chemical Engineering Quarterly, vol 14, No.4, pp 219-221, (2008).
- Roman Jantas., and Katarzyna Gorna., Antimicrobial Finishing of Cotton Fabrics, Fibres and Textiles in Eastern Europe, vol 14, No. 1(55), (January/March 2006).
- Mehmet Orhan., Diek Kut., and Cem Gunesoglu., Use of Triclosan as Antimicrobial Agent in Textiles, Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research, vol 32, pp 114- 118, (March 2007).
- Deepti Gupta., and Ankur Laha., Antimicrobial Activity of Cotton Fabric Treated with Quercus Infectoria Extact, Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research, vol 32, pp 88- 92, (March 2007).
- Sathianarayanan, M. P., Bhat, N. V., Kokate, S. S., and Walunj, V. E., Antimicrobial Finish for Cotton Fabric from Herbal Products, Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research, vol 35, pp 50- 58, (March 2010).