Improving Comfort, Performance and Protection
Editor : Dr. Roshan Paul
Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
Print Book ISBN: 9780857098399
eBook ISBN: 9780857098450
Release Date : 10 October 2014
Price : Print or eBook : USD 238.00 (
This book provides a comprehensive review of the most important fabric finishes in the textile industry.
Functional finishes for textiles reviews the most important fabric finishes in the textile industry. It discusses finishes designed to improve the comfort and other properties of fabrics, as well as finishes which protect the fabric or the wearer. Each chapter reviews the role of a finish, the mechanisms and chemistry behind the finish, types of finish and their methods of application, application to particular textiles, testing and future trends.
- Describes finishes to improve comfort, performance, and protection of fabric or the wearer.
- Examines the mechanisms and chemistry behind different types of finishes and their methods of application, testing and future trends.
- Considers environmental issues concerning functional finishes.
This book will be an excellent resource for both R&D managers in the textile industry and academic researchers.
More details & purchase options available at following links :
Table of Contents :
- Functional finishes for textiles: an overview
Part I Improving comfort and performance
- Thermal regulation finishes for textiles
- Moisture management and soil release finishes for textiles
- Softening finishes for textiles and clothing
- Enzymatic bio-finishes for synthetic textiles
- Commercial shrink-resist finishes for wool
- Easy care finishes for textiles
- Self-cleaning finishes for textiles
- Superabsorbent finishes for textiles
- Medical, cosmetic and odour resistant finishes for textiles
Part II Protecting wearers and textiles
- Insect repellent finishes for textiles
- Antimicrobial finishes for textiles
- Hydrophobic and oleophobic finishes for textiles
- Flame retardant finishes for textiles
- Ultraviolet protection finishes for textiles
- Radiation protection finishes for textiles
- Anti-static and electrically conductive finishes for textiles
- Biological and chemical protection finishes for textiles
- Ballistic and impact protection finishes for textiles
- Environmental and safety issues regarding functional finishes
About Dr. Roshan Paul – Editor
Dr. Roshan Paul is an alumnus of the Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai and holds Master and Doctorate degrees in Chemical Technology from the same institute. He has previously worked in the Spanish Research Council (CSIC), Barcelona, Clariant Chemicals, Mumbai and LEITAT Technological Center, Terrassa (Barcelona) before joining as the Head of European Research of the Function and Care Department at the Hohenstein Institute in Germany. He is a Chartered Colourist and a Fellow of the Society of Dyers and Colourists in the UK. He also serves as a Member of the Editorial Board of New Cloth Market.