France is the largest importer of garments with imports of over USD 21280.4 million, India’s garment export to France is USD 884.9 million during 2020, which amounts to around 4.2 % of France’s total garment imports from World. WHO’s Next Fair gives the opportunity to develop new customer base, strengthen business relation, and analyze market needs and business to business partnership. The potential products of items exported to France are Ready to Wear (Menswear, Women’s wear, Children’s wear, Knitted and Accessories) like Trousers, Blouse, T-shirts, Shirts Men’s/Boy’s, jersey/pullover/cardigans, waistcoats & similar articles of cotton, knit/crocheted, Women’s/girls’ trousers/breeches of cotton, Women’s/girls’ skirts/divided skirts-cotton and Ladies Dress.
Bilateral trade between France and India Product group: Apparel
|France’s imports from world||24480.22||23960.82||21280.39|
|France’s imports from India||1166.82||1107.45||884.95|
|% Share of India||4.77||4.62||4.16|
- Apparel imports into France has witnessed a positive mark in last 3 years despite of Covid 19. France import from world of 21280.39 USDmn. in 2020.
- Indian exports to France has also seen upto the mark with India’s share remain stable of 4.16% in 2020.
List of importing markets for a product group exported by India
Product group: Apparel
Unit: US Dollar thousand
|Importer||Value in 2016||Value in 2017||Value in 2018||Value in 2019||Value in 2020||India’s Share in 2016||India’s Share in 2017||India’s Share in 2018||India’s Share in 2019||India’s Share in 2020|
- India’s total export RMG to France has established in last five years India capturing share of 4.13% in 2020.
- At a category level, Knitted garments hold a much better acceptance in France as compared to Woven garments. India’s position at 7 in HS61 and at 8 in HS62 respectively.
- India has not met any tariff disadvantages against competing countries like China and Vietnam, where average tariff is same i.e 9.4 with Vietnam. Further China tariff is slightly high i.e.11.8 in HS 61. In HS 62 where India average tariff is 9.2 whereas China tariff is 11.5. Detailed breakup at 6HS is given below.
Products that India should Target In France
|610910||T-shirts, singlets and other vests of cotton, knitted or crocheted|
|620342||Men’s or boys’ trousers, bib and brace overalls, breeches and shorts, of cotton|
|611020||Jerseys, pullovers, cardigans, waistcoats and similar articles, of cotton, knitted or crocheted|
|620462||Women’s or girls’ trousers, bib and brace overalls, breeches and shorts of cotton|
|610990||T-shirts, singlets and other vests of textile materials, knitted or crocheted|
|620443||Women’s or girls’ dresses of synthetic fibres|
|611120||Babies’ garments and clothing accessories of cotton, knitted or crocheted|
|620520||Men’s or boys’ shirts of cotton|
|620640||Women’s or girls’ blouses, shirts and shirt-blouses of man-made fibres|
|610510||Men’s or boys’ shirts of cotton, knitted or crocheted|
|620444||Women’s or girls’ dresses of artificial fibres|
|621143||Women’s or girls’ tracksuits and other garments, n.e.s. of man-made fibres|
|620630||Women’s or girls’ blouses, shirts and shirt-blouses of cotton|
|620442||Women’s or girls’ dresses of cotton|